Where I can get an apostille in Kazakhstan
In accordance with the Hague Convention, a special stamp (apostille) is affixed to documents executed by the competent authorities of one state and intended for use on the territory of another state. According to Article 5 of the Convention, the apostille certifies the authenticity of the signature, the quality in which the person signing the document spoke, and in the proper case, the authenticity of the seal or stamp that the document was affixed to.
The signature, seal or stamp affixed by the competent authority on the apostille does not require any further certification or legalization, and the document on which the apostille is affixed can be used in any of the countries participating in the Hague Convention.
In accordance with the Decree of the Government of the Republic of Kazakhstan No. 545 dated April 24, 2001, the following state bodies are designated as organizations having the authority to issue an apostille:
• Ministry of Education and Science of the Republic of Kazakhstan;
• Ministry of Internal Affairs of the Republic of Kazakhstan;
• Committee of Information and Archives of the Ministry of Culture and Information of the Republic of Kazakhstan;
• Judicial Administration Committee at the Supreme Court of the Republic of Kazakhstan;
• Ministry of Finance of the Republic of Kazakhstan;
• General Prosecutor's Office of the Republic of Kazakhstan;
• Ministry of Defense of the Republic of Kazakhstan;